Hiking happens in the Beaver Valley in all four seasons. The Club runs organized hikes about twice a week; once during the week and once on the weekend. New hikers are welcome to join any of the Club’s organized hikes.
Hikes vary in length and level of difficulty and most are moderately-paced. Terrain and walking-speed are indicated for all organized hikes. Review the Hike Rating System. Hike participants must be able to complete the specified length of the hike within their own ability or with help from their own support person within the time allowed. Check our Participant Guidelines to arrive prepared to hike.
Soup’s On or Potluck get-togethers follow some of the hikes. Check Hiking Schedules listed below for these events. Potluck participants bring a main dish or a salad or a dessert to share (minimum of 6 servings). Participants are asked to bring their own dishes, cutlery, glass and drink of choice. Potlucks will be held even if outing is cancelled.
- All kms. mentioned are according to maps in edition 28 of the Bruce Trail Reference.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before start of hike.
- Hike participants are expected to wear sturdy footwear.
- Always carry I.D. and your health card.
- For spring and summer hikes bring sunscreen, insect repellent and water.
- Please leave dogs at home.
Hike Rating System
|Terrain (T):||Easy: Mostly flat and good footing|
|Moderate: Some hills and/or some poor footing|
|Strenuous: Hilly with steep climbs and some poor footing|
|Pace (P):||Leisurely: 3 km/hr or less||Medium: 3-4 km/hr|
|Brisk: 4-5 km/hr||Fast: 5+ km/hr|