Call for Nominations
to the BVBTC Board of Directors
Process of Nomination
Club By-Law 8. Governance, C) Nomination and Election of the Board of Directors states:
- “The Board of Directors shall appoint a Nominating Committee, to be chaired by a Vice-President, which shall produce a list of members in good standing who are willing to serve on the Board of Directors of the Club. Nominations for the position of Director may also be made by a member in good standing, at an AGM, if the nominee consents and is duly seconded by one other member. Nominees shall be subject to election at the AGM.
- Election to the Board of Directors shall be by acclamation, or by ballot of those attending the AGM.
- The Board of Directors shall hold office for one year with the exception of the BTC-Club Director who shall serve a three-year term consistent with the BTC By-Laws. The BTC-Club Director shall be subject to term limits as set out in BTC By-Laws.”
Forwarded by Nominating Committee
For our 2020 AGM, the Nominating Committee includes Co-Vice-President Alison Carey (Chair), Members and Volunteers Director Kelly Killoran, Director at Large Joan Nuffield and Past President Ros Rossetti. This Committee has produced the following list of members in good standing who are willing to serve on the Board of Directors of the Club:
- President: Jill Smith Brodie
- Co-Vice-President: Alison Carey
- Co-Vice-President: Alan McPherson
- BTC-Club Director: Bruce King
- Trail& Maintenance Director: Bob Hann
- Trail Activities Director: Glenda Collings
- Land Stewardship Director: Mike Osborn
- Members and Volunteers Director: Kelly Killoran
- Communications and Publicity Director: Marg Yaraskavitch
- Treasurer: Mike Arkless
- Secretary: Ruth Plant
- Information Services Director: Mike Osborn
- Special Events Director: Nadia Dubyk
- Director at Large: Joan Nuffield
- Director at Large: Brendan Thomson
- Director at Large: Vacant
- Director at Large: Vacant
- Past President: Ros Rossetti
If you are a member in good standing with the Beaver Valley Bruce Trail Club (BVBTC), you are invited to submit nominations for ANY Director role, EXCEPT BTC-Club Director and Past President, to the attention of Nominations Committee Chair Alison Carey by email: email@example.com by May 15th 2020. The person nominated must be a member in good standing, must consent to being nominated and your nomination must be seconded by another BVBTC member in good standing.
If only one person is nominated for each position, Directors for 2020-2021 will be elected to the Board by acclamation. If more than one person is nominated for a position, the nominators and nominees will be informed accordingly and voting by written ballot by all members registered to attend the AGM will determine the successful candidate. Deadline for voting is June 11th 2020 and the composition of the Board of Directors for 2020-2021 will be communicated to members on June 12th 2020.
Thank you for your participation in this process.