Welcome to the Beaver Valley Section!
- Annual Ski Season Closure A section of main trail at Beaver Valley Ski Club (km 79.7 to approx. km 81.7) is closed for ski season. A bypass route is available using Valley Crossover and Kimberley Forest Side Trails.
- Annual Trail Closure for Hunting Season A section of the main trail on private property, west of Metcalfe Rock, between km 27.9 and km 31.1, is closed for deer hunting from November 2 to 7 and from November 30 to December 5. Hikers can use Chuck Grant Side Trail to bypass the closed section of trail. See Hunting Season Advisory for info and safety tips
- Bowles Hill Parking Area Permanently Closed Bruce Trail parking on Grey Rd. 30 at km 78.9 (Map 26, Ed. 30) is now closed. Please do not trespass on private property or park on the roadside. Nearby parking for hikers can be found at Graham’s Hill Road, km 76.8 or seasonally at Beaver Valley Ski Club (summer only) in their Upper and Lower parking lots.
- See the Beaver Valley Club Hike Schedule for details on our organized hikes.
- See Trail Reroutes affecting the Beaver Valley Section.
- Check for Updates on COVID-19 and COVID-19-Related Closures and Restrictions before heading out on the trail.
- Hiker Drop-off Service The Trail Angels program is suspended until further notice.
- Report a Dangerous Tree
Club Restarts Hiking Program
The Beaver Valley Club has restarted our hiking program this fall. As with all things in the current environment, changes have been made to ensure safe, guided hiking, with COVID-19 protocols in place.
Hikers must be Bruce Trail members (or guests of members) to participate in the Club’s hikes. Hikers must now register online via the integrated Hike Schedule posted on the Bruce Trail website. The group size on Club hikes is limited, so don’t delay in registering.
See Bruce Trail for a full description of Group Hiking Guidelines and details on the fall Hike Schedule.
We look forward to seeing you out on the trail again!
Trail Developments: Flying Squad Gets to Work!
Thank you Flying Squad! Members of the Flying Squad were out again at Eugenia Falls for more work on the new section of main trail. They spent the morning building two sets of stairs on a steep slope to keep hikers safe.
Keith Solomon Award Celebrates
Our Hardworking Trail Captains and Crews!
Congratulations to all our Trail Captains and Trail Workers of the Beaver Valley Bruce Trail Club who as a group are the recipients of this year’s Keith Solomon Award. Our trails are recognized throughout the BTC corridor as some of the best maintained and most beautiful of all. The hours of hard work are so appreciated, our Club thanks you.
The Keith Solomon Award was established to celebrate an individual or group who has made a significant contribution to the improvement or preservation of the Bruce Trail in the Beaver Valley and boy has this group achieved that.
Once the boot as been engraved we will let you all know when it will be on display at the Kimberley General Store and the Ravenna Country Market ready for picture taking opportunities.
A huge shoutout to all of you, our trail and maintenance gang! Thank you.
Director of Membership and Volunteers