Welcome to the Beaver Valley Section!
Fairmount Side Trail Temporary Closure
At the request of private landowners, the Fairmount
Side Trail is closed (Map 27, km 98.3 on
Sideroad 22B north to Sideroad 25). The landowners
cited recent incidents where hikers let dogs run
loose, despite the section having signage clearly
posting “No Dogs Allowed” and a large
group of people trespassing off-trail over private
property. Note that with to the closure of the
Fairmount Side Trail, the Fairmont-Siegerman loop
cannot be completed as there is no alternative
route around the closed trail.
A reminder to all hikers that the Bruce Trail passes through a mix of public and private land. The participation of private landowners is vital to the Bruce Trail. The BVBTC strongly urges all Trail users to stay on marked trails only, respect closed trails and parking areas, and respect landowners that require “No Dogs” on sections of the Trail using private property and keep dogs on leashes while on the Bruce Trail.
- Follow the Guidelines below to hike responsibly and safely during the pandemic.
- Check for Updates on COVID-19 and COVID-19-Related Closures and Restrictions before heading out on the Trail.
- Winter Closure of Eugenia Falls Conservation Area including all sections of the Bruce Trail that lie within its boundaries. Bruce Trail hikers can use the Reroute around the property closure. Please respect the property owner’s wishes as trespassers will be prosecuted.
- Annual Ski Season Closure A section of main trail at Beaver Valley Ski Club (km 79.7 to approx. km 81.7) is closed for ski season. A bypass route is available using Valley Crossover and Kimberley Forest Side Trails.
- Bowles Hill Parking Area Permanently Closed Bruce Trail parking on Grey Rd. 30 at km 78.9 (Map 26, Ed. 30) is now closed. Please do not trespass on private property or park on the roadside. Nearby parking for hikers can be found at Graham’s Hill Road, km 76.8 or seasonally at Beaver Valley Ski Club (summer only) in their Upper and Lower parking lots.
- See Trail Reroutes affecting the Beaver Valley Section.
- The Beaver Valley Club hiking program has been put on hold until further notice.
- Hiker Drop-off Service The Trail Angels program is suspended until further notice.
- Report a Dangerous Tree
Hiking Guidelines to Keep Us All Safe and Healthy
- Avoid travelling outside your municipality/region. Hike close to home.
- Most of the Bruce Trail remains open to local foot traffic. Please note that the Trail is not maintained in the winter.
- Check what is open by viewing Bruce Trail Changes and the websites of parks and other public landowners.
- Be prepared to make parking reservations at popular parks and conservation areas.
- Be prepared to change your destination if you find a chosen trail or trailhead busy.
Stay Home if You are Unwell
Practice Physical Distancing
- Keep 2 metres (6 feet) apart from anyone not in your household.
- Wear a mask when you cannot maintain 2 metres (6 feet) of physical distance.
- Limit groups to 5 people or less.
- Move aside to allow others to pass.
Respect Closures of any Trail or Facility
- Please do not trespass on closed trails and properties or use closed facilities.
Expect No Facilities
- Do not expect public washrooms to be open.
- Walk or hike for shorter spans of time.
Leave No Trace
- Pack out everything you bring on your hike, including disposable face masks, food waste and dog poop. Garbage cans are overflowing at many popular sites.